Must be used with Catalyst (product 37503)
- Specially formulated with thixotropic ingredients for increased viscosity.
- Non-sag formulation with resiliency and toughness.
- Desired colors contain additives for controlling flow-out, gel and cure times.
- High quality gelcoat that’s stronger, more durable than standard polyester resins.
- Waterproof and suitable to use below the water line.
- Limited chemical resistance but suitable for mild acids.
Click here for Instructions on Using Gelcoat Brushing
or CLICK ON VIDEO TAB above to see How to Brush-Apply Gelcoat
How to Use
Surface Preparation: Surface should be clean, dry, and free from oil, grease, dirt, wax or other contaminants. If required, repair structural damage, laminate or fiberglass. Gelcoat application is normally the final repair step. Remove defective Gelcoat or surface finish by sanding with 80/120 grit. Prepare surface 1/2"=1" beyond the damaged area at either side. For pinhole repair, just open the pinhole and sand lightly.
Mixing: Mix Gelcoat thoroughly. Use 1 to 4 tablespoons in a mixing cup and add Rayplex Colour Paste to tint to desired colour. To approximately 1 tablespoon of Gelcoat, add 6 to 8 drops of Liquid Hardener or for 4 tablespoons of Gelcoat, add 1/4 teaspoon of Liquid Hardener. Mix thoroughly. Working life of the mix is approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
Application: Fill damaged area slightly above existing surface. Apply pressingly with plastic spreader or putty knife. Avoid air entrapment. Sand smooth when hard with medium grit sandpaper (80/120 grit). Wet sand with fine grit (220/400/600/1200...etc.). Buff with a polishing compound to achieve the desired gloss. Clean tools with acetone.