CLEAR Coating Epoxy Resin 2L KIT
**OUT OF STOCK**
Click Picture for more Info
Comes with 1L Resin and 1L Hardener
Wood, Bar & Counter Top coating resin, UV stable, Max pour 1/4 in or .250
Easy MIX 1 Part A : 1 Part B (by volume)
- Extremely durable finish, scratch resistant, heat resistant, requires no maintenance.
- Will cure to a clear, glass-like finish.
- High content of organic products.
- Easy to use and low odor.
- 100% solid rate.
- Can be poured up to 1/4 "thick per coat or .250
- 6lbs / 2.72kg
How much resin do I need?
In the first stage a thin layer of material is applied to seal the substrate and prevent any air bubbles from forming in future coats.
The second stage requires thicker flood coats applied at 1/8”. How many flood coats are needed depends on your particular application but one to three is typical.
Recoats can be applied as soon as current layer has “tacked up”. If your previous layer has fully cured then very light sanding with a fine grit (220) sandpaper followed by a solvent wipe (isopropyl alcohol or acetone) is necessary before application of subsequent layer. A heat gun or torch may be used after the pour is completed and the material is still liquid to burst/pop any remaining air bubbles. If a torch is used the flame should never come in direct contact with the epoxy, smooth strokes 6-12 inches above the material is all that is required.
Work Time: 20 min
Gel Time: 30 min (150 grams)
Drying Time: varies on thickness but roughly 6-8hrs(surface) to 10-14hrs(Thru) to complete hardness in 5 days.
Application TIPS: Do not vary or deviate from mix ratios, failure to do so can result in soft spots or partial curing. For best results the material should be used at temperatures from 70°-80°F. Work areas should be clean and dust/insect free.
- Mix and pour in a well-ventilated area.
- Avoid contact with skin and eyes. If contact does occur, wash skin with soap and water and seek medical help.
- Read and understand all CAUTIONS on container labels and safety data sheets before using this material.
- Avoid breathing of vapors.
- Forced local exhaust is recommended to effectively minimize exposure.
- NIOSH approved, organic vapor respirators and forced exhaust are recommended in confined areas, or when conditions (such as heated polymers, sanding) may cause high vapor concentrations.
DO NOT WELD ON, BURN OR TORCH ON OR NEAR ANY EPOXY MATERIAL. HAZARDOUS VAPOR IS RELEASED WHEN AN EPOXY IS BURNED.
Featured positive reviews:
I purchased this resin mainly for crafts. It is definitely the best and clearest i have used. Usually go to Amazon but selection is limited.Cures overnight best results after couple days. I use for Resin coasters and trays.recommend to all. delivery quick as well